LFW Day 1

So my London Fashion Week experience is now over and i'm relieved to be warm, rested and cosy at home, but oh what a fabulous 3 days I had.
My first day consisted of a street style collaboration with Orla Kiely, more on that later this week and then meeting up with Will for a Valentines day of Fashion Scout shows and Pizza, what a combo!



Images c/o Vogue UK
First up was Jamie Wei Huang, and I think one of my favourite collections of the week. A collection with incredibly simple, soft lines and silhouettes with a colour palette of cobalt blue, navy, black and burgundy, contrasted with soft greys, dusty pinks and off white.
A serious Acne meets Wang vibe and oh what a combination that makes for, in every interview *cringe* I did over at Somerset House, Jamie Wei Huang was the designer on my lips, I cannot tell you how much I loved it! The use of wools and leather are combined with oversized male silhouettes and strong cuts, creating unusual shapes that now fall on to the female figure, now that is my kinda collection!


Images c/o Ong-Oaj Pairam
Next up was Ong-Oaj Pairam which was completely different but equally just as brilliant. The show explored a fascination with danger, dreaming up an army of seductive super villains inspired by the designer's all-time favourite anti-hero Ursula from the Little Mermaid. A fabulous pop-art inspired colour palette with a mix of textures and prints. The coats and jackets were definitely the highlight of the show with bombers, bikers and oversized woollen pea coats in a variety of vivid colours.


Stay tuned for the rest of my London Fashion Week experience later this week.

x M

Labels: ,